I sat down to write a few month’s ago, in the beautiful ambience within one of my favourite places; despite having a workload to write content for my own website, I found myself gazing out of the window towards the ocean. I often find inspiration at the coast, in fact, I ALWAYS find inspiration at the coast! The sea air and vastness of new horizon beyond the swell of the sea, nurture’s my soul.
I took a few sips of my coffee, took up my pen, and began to flow the words right across the pages of my journal with you in mind.
I share this with you now, nearly a year later, particularly as you may feel your coping strategies, or patterns and themes throughout your life, are crippling your progression as we are about to launch into a new decade, new energy, new plans, and certainly new expectations.
I am reminded of this spiritual quote
At the centre of your being you know the answer.
You know who you are, and you know what you want. – Lao Tzu
As souls we often blend in with the needs and desires of others. However, there time comes when you need to establish a voice that speaks up and out when you can sense a waste or drain on your energy levels, by not doing so. There are many instances you’ve arranged to go on a holiday, night out, special day away, work’s event, business seminar, get together socialising with friends, or hook up with family members, and yet, inside, you’re feeling crushed. You need to spend time alone. You hear the impulse to do so, and yet, you ignore your own instinct. Yes, I find myself doing that often, too.
Like you, I have put others before myself. Feeling obliged, as the humanitarian to look after the needs of those around us. Especially given the spiritual/holistic work all my services expansively reach. Answering the call, and never neglecting duty. It can wear you down if you let it. But, we do let it. At this stage in my own life, especially given recent life events and traumas within drama of deception by others, I have redesigned and restructured my everyday world, out of necessity, in order to survive. Finding it necessary to distance self and look after my own needs, without the feeling of guilt. I now pick up my diary and close off full days, just for me! There are no great demands placed upon me, nor you, really. Only if we let them. I set myself free and I encourage you to do so, just a little, at first, or as much as you like. You are in charge of your own destiny.
Your soul knows the blueprint of your journey ahead.
Are you too busy to notice? Do you listen to your inner voice?
What is your ‘happy ever after?’ – could it be that you are waiting for another person to make you complete? Are you fully in love with life, healthy, flourishing, emotionally and financially? Physically and mentally? Do you awake each day filled to the brim full of ideas, creativity and positivity?
Nearly a year ago, I scheduled out a full five days just for me. I took myself off into a four star country hotel in North Yorkshire and sat down to write. My feelings and thoughts, ideas and plans spilled out onto the pages before me. Other residents looked bemused at the single lady sat writing, morning, afternoon and evening.
The staff kept asking “What are you writing?”
I smiled and answered politely, a little unnerved, “memoir” I replied, whilst trying to shuffle my journals out of their probing eyes.
Yet, the guests too, all enquired, “How come you are writing and writing, are you a reporter? are you a researcher? are you a detective?” “I am writing about my life experiences.” “What’s your book called?” “It doesn’t have a title yet.” “When will it be published?” “Soon.” “”Will you read it to us?” “Can you let us know how to find it, when it does become published?”
I had politely informed them, I had planned myself a little silent writing retreat, in which to thrash out the book inside of me., yet, each day, someone would approach me, to prod and probe into what the book was about.
I had stated my boundaries, and because I was ‘nice’ warm, smiling, and accommodating, they pushed past and beyond those boundaries to satisfy their own curiosity. However, on this occasion, it was like a breath of fresh air, and I shall never forget the soft intrusions, which gave me so much encouragement. Total strangers all positive and keen to read MY work.
I could have had only two choices: – I could have left the building to sit in another space., totally escaping intrusion, or I could have let them all gather around me, sit down beside me and have a lengthy discussion in which I divulged everything about my book, the history, my plans. I chose the third choice, I decided how much time and how much information I shared, thus being in charge of the amount of time, I myself afforded the disruption.
Perhaps you can bring a time to your own mind of when you last tried to set boundaries, and others simply stepped right across them, brazenly? It makes you want to withdraw further, doesn’t it? Hindering your own progress and stifling your dreams. I heard something on radio a few month’s ago “never tell you big dreams to small minded people.” It’s true. They can crush you and dampen your enthusiasm – if you don’t have your own strong sense of self esteem intact.
I love helping you anchor in your security once more. In recognition of your own self worth, disallowing others to jepordise your freedom of expression. You may feel bewildered and have lost a sense of your true self. Swamped by other’s expectations of you? Numbed through your own personal pain?
Know this. Stand back from your current chaos. View your world from a fresh perspective. Sense how you really feel. Do you know how you feel?
I am going to share with you my twelve steps to strengthen your soul.
It begins today – right now.
- Note your initial reaction upon your waking this very morning. Are you rushed from your sleep? relaxed? refreshed, or rebelling against responsibilities?
- Recognise recent traits of your personality you really would wish to adjust or redesign.
- Reflect upon your previous day – what did you feel the highlight of that day?
- Who can you enlist to support you?
- Do you have a few trusted, uplifting friends who can always be counted upon? Write down the qualities within them you admire the most. List how much gratitude you feel for them.
- What action today can you implement today to establish a greater sense of your using your gifts, abilities, skills, hobbies, passions?
- Recognise and revisit a favourite part of your former self, you feel you have lost and view it from the viewpoint of a fourteen year old. How does it change? What do you see? How does it feel?
- Summarise in art or writing of a few words, how you feel you connect in your relationship with your own soul.
- Write down the name of someone you need to forgive then cast out that name upon the ocean.
- How do you usually cope with criticism? Why do you give your power over to someone intent on crushing you?
- Get rid of anything that is bringing you down. Look around the people you hang out with in work and personal life – should there be anyone who no longer has your best interests to heart, discard them. Free your space.
- Stand before a mirror and take a long hard look at the full length of you. ‘Speak out aloud these words: Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars’. – Kahil Gibran
Have an amazing year ahead and know I am here to coach you intuitively through the energy barriers you may have unconsciously placed before you, which also hinder your progression. I am always keen to help you regain focus and encourage you to feel inspired each and every day of your lifetime.
Contact me for my 60 minute coaching session to kickstart your best ever New Year!